Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Checking My List

I do a lot with the babies by myself, but I’ve had one thing left on my checklist to get done with them...superstickies  After going to Developmental Testing at this super cool place called The Watermelon Patch last week, I knew this was the perfect place for my solo endeavor.
I knew not only would Hannah Noelle have fun on the Zip Line.
IMGP4399 I knew that Gunner was sure to find something SUPER manly to do..IMGP4392I knew Cannon would find a window to look outside and do his Fancy Dance in front of.IMGP4388 I knew that Avery would find something to play Pie-Pie (Peek-a-Boo) with.IMGP4394I also knew that Lauren would take at least 30 minutes of solo time taking it all in, waiting to make sure everything was perfect in her little world first.   IMGP4385Watching them interact stare at the other children was amazing to me as well.  After an hour they were interacting better with the 5 other children that were there. 
After 5 minutes of being there I was satisfied that I had made a great decision and would be joining the Family Plan for Open Play.  We are going to TRY to go three days a week during the Open Play time on their schedule.
I can hear one of my best friends, Beth, a/k/a Germie, saying, SAAANNNDRRRA DEEEEE, think of all the germs. Well, that did enter my mind several times over the last few months when I wanted to go, but when I went Friday for testing I saw how super clean and neat this place was.
But as a parent, when you see this…IMGP4390 … you immediately SPAZ out! Then, one of the other moms said, hey, there’s a bin over there to put that in.  I looked over on the counter and this is what I saw….boxOh, wow, that is amazing!!  
If you live in our around the Mobile area, you should definitely check this place out and come hang with us sometime!!WaterMelon PatchAfter we left I decided to tempt fate and take the Crew to lunch.  We went to Chick-Fil-A and let Hannah Noelle play on the playground after we ate.  They were so good, I even let them have dessert!
There were about 100 times throughout the day I would say, the way you act today determines how many adventures we do this summer.  I knew that the Little 4 had no clue what I was talking about, but Hannah Noelle would be on her best behavior!
If they act like this all summer, we should have a pretty interesting time!

9 comments:

Jenni said...

That place looks amazing!!!!! I need to find someplace to take my toddler to get out some of his energy. I can imagine the need for a place like that with 4 toddlers!

Gen McNulty said...

Go Sandra! Go Sandra! Go Go Go Sandra!!!

Your a mama after my own heart! Wish we lived close so we could go on all our adventures together :( sniff sniff.

AND GOOD LORD.. there is no way they could be any cuter. AND.. that little Lauren just gets my heart every time! Hey, you have Libs.. I have Lauren. It's fair!! ;)

I love you!
xoxo
Gen

The Murray Crew said...

This summer is going to be LIFE CHANGING!

So many great things ahead...and each and every time you'll gain more confidence!

Rock it, mama!

Bret and Heather said...

how fun! You are so inspiring to me woman, you have no idea!! I took mine to a drs appt today solo and was TERRIFIED, thankfully they did great! If you can do it so can I!

Beth said...

I'm very impressed! That is one of my goals- more solo outings w/ the crew. I've a got a couple under my belt, but it is tough.
That place looks amazing! I'm sure they loved exploring.
Cute, Cute, Cute kids!!!!!

Charity Donovan said...

OMG...I love this post!! You crack me up! You guys are going to have a blast this summer!!!

Suzanne said...

SOOOO awesome, red! proud of you---feels SO good to get them out all by yourself! HN is such a great big sis too---you guys are going to have MANY great adventures this summer!

btw- the kiddies are looking SO grown up lately! (tear)
suz

Amy-Jo said...

How awesome! Looks like a place I would take my kiddos to in a year. LOVE the sanitizing area, you know its a good place when they make you feel that comfortable. Going to try and take the courage from you and do a lot of solo outing this summer. Love you and those adorable sweeties!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love that place. I haven't thought about taking the kids there in the summer. I guess I didn't know that they had a plan you could join. Maybe I need to bring the kids and come play with yall this summer.

Holley