Wednesday, July 22, 2009

We’ve Had A Lot On Our Plates

And on the table And on the Floor
And on our Faces And on our Clothes
And on our Mommy!
I’m “one of those moms” that thinks clothes are made to be washed, tables and floors are made to be scrubbed! Messes are “okay” at our house. We have found that our children love to be independent and through us giving them a little more leeway at the table, it’s taught them and us A Lot!! We like to strip them down to their diapers, put them in what might be the best invention ever (the Quad Table) and give them their food and let them feed themselves! We’ve even been known to give them a spoon and “see what happens!” Brave or stupid? Well, maybe both!! They gotta learn somehow; right?
Here are some Watermelon Pictures
(De-seeded by Daddy, of course!)
Copy of IMGP2778Avery Caroline Copy of IMGP2779 Gunner ColeCopy of IMGP2780 Lauren KathrynCopy of IMGP2781 Cannon GregoryCopy of IMGP2782 Hmm, this thing is GOOD!Copy of IMGP2783 Yummy!!!Copy of IMGP2784 Aaahhh, yeah!Copy of IMGP2785Copy of IMGP2786 Dripping from G-Man’s Chin!!Copy of IMGP2787 Copy of IMGP2788 Copy of IMGP2789Copy of IMGP2791 Copy of IMGP2792Copy of IMGP2790 You can see the mess on the floor!
Notice there is none under Gunner’s seat!!!
Copy of IMGP2793

They’ve all become Sippy Cup Pros! We’re now down to only one bottle before bedtime, the rest are in sippies throughout the day! Woo-Hoo!!IMGP2798IMGP2795 IMGP2796 IMGP2797

I also made the mistake the other day of feeding
spinach with no bibs! Not a good idea!!!
(Yes, I’m the mean mom that makes my kids eat spinach!!
In my defense, they love it!)
IMGP2858 IMGP2859 IMGP2860 IMGP2861IMGP2862 And, yes, we do own bibs and we LOVE them, but sometimes a little juice running down your belly is a good thing!IMGP2863 IMGP2864 IMGP2865

IMGP2866

IMGP2872 IMGP2868 IMGP2869IMGP2870 We’ve had a lot going on this summer and we’ve had some different people behind the camera, so here’s a few candid shots from some of our favorite helpers!!

IMGP2844 IMGP2832 IMGP2835 IMGP2839

IMGP2948 IMGP2827 No, folks, your eyes aren’t deceiving you!
That is me outside in the HEAT helping Matt lay sod!!!
The babies Loved watching us!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We’ve had the opportunity to have Laken come every Tuesday and Thursday to help out with the babies and with Hannah Noelle. And then our neighbors, Casey and Courtney Duncan, are always available to lend a helping hand too! Thanks girls, I’m sure gonna miss you when school starts back!!
IMGP2932Casey and Avery!
IMGP2944Courtney and Cannon!
IMGP2939Laken and Avery!
(Gunner is secretly her main squeeze so I’m not sure how I ended up without a picture of her and Big Boy!!)

We are almost completely moved in, it’s happening slowly but surely! It will take months to remember where we put everything and even longer to make sure it keeps going back in the same place! The babies have adapted amazingly well to their new surroundings so that has made it so much easier for us!
We are now in Party Planning Mode! I can’t believe they are almost a year old! Thanks to a horrible virus that took my laptop to computer Heaven, I no longer have my address book. Yes, I know I should have printed it off at some time, just thought of that too little too late! Please know that we want anyone and everyone that has an interest in coming to the party to please come! Come see the babies, let us give you a big hug for helping us through this year!! We’re SO thankful to SO many people that have been there in SO many different ways! We do, however, have a party request, NO PRESENTS!!!!! Your support has been a gift in itself!! If you feel you have to bring a present( which you DON’T!) please do diapers, wipes, food, those type things! But again, your support has been the gift we needed the most!!
After the invitations are completed I will scan one in so you can see just how stinkin’ cute they are! Here’s a sneak peek at the pictures I used though!!
IMGP2707IMGP2690 IMGP2675IMGP2681

post signature

15 comments:

jag said...

SANDRA! They are SO SO beautiful - even with food all over them! I have to tell you though, as I'm reading this and checking out the pics a few things crossed my mind... First of all, your kids are darn good with food. I mean, yeah, the spinich was messy, but their hands go to their mouths! My little darling boys refuse to help! They push it around and then look at me like, "come on and feed me already!" Second, sippy cups on their own already?! That's it, I'm sending the Nuggets to Auntie Sandras for boot camp!

Niki said...

They are tooo cute!! Sippy Cups... very, very, impressive! I also own bibs.. but I didn't use them much with Shane and did the same thing with Antonio. Glad to hear the move into the new house is going great!

Thanks for sharing the adorable pics :)
Can't wait to see the invitation!
Nicole

Suzanne said...

NOOOOOOOOOO! a year already?!?!?! they are adorable! and YAAAAY for sippy cups so early! you are a brave woman with the utensils. i LOVE that about you. LOVE IT! i'm a clean-fReAk! kiss those big toddlers for me! love you and miss you to TONS!
xoxo
suz

Jamie said...

Great Post!! Love the sippy cups and the no clothes for dinner...I need to try that. Question...what kind of bib is that in the pic (looks like it is molded to catch the dropped food)? Also, we too are planning a 1st Birthday party. So Amazing, So Beautiful, SO MUCH FUN!

Anonymous said...

I love all the pictures!!! They are just getting so big. I can't believe they will be one soon! They are beautiful and you all do an amazing job. Oh, and Hannah Noelle is absolutely gorgeous! She has changed so much.

If you need anything just text me! I am always available.
Holley Perkins

Stephanie said...

I love the watermelon pics!!!

ps. guesswhat I got in the mail today?!?! I just love the bib...it is so darn cute!
I took pics of the little model wearing it..pics to come soon!!

Unknown said...

Cute Pics! Yes it is hard to believe that they grow up so fast, Easton turned 1 two weeks ago and it just seems like yesterday we were bringing him home. It looks like you had some great helpers this summer, Before i had kids of my own i kept The Duncan Girls! We Love Them!

Elyse said...

You know...I love a baby whose belly is full of watermelon in and out. Bibs are great sometimes, but it's good to let loose sometimes too. The sippy cups amaze me too. GREAT job mama! Glad everything is coming together at the new house too.
~Elyse

Lauren said...

Too cute! Love going though all the pictures of your muffins! They are going up to be so big and cute! Love that Quad Table; it must be a lifesaver!

Kimberly King said...

i am so glad they all settled into the new house so well, what a relief! and what beautiful children. i loved all the pics, especially the one with you laying sod and all 4 standing at the window watching - too cute!

Amber said...

Your babies are SOO stinkin CUTE! Does Gunner ever not smile?!? :) Love ya'll!

Moni Graf said...

Oh my gosh, the cuteness is KILLING me!

I second what has already been said in the previous comments.....I LOVE how great of a mama you are! Always putting your kids first, whether they like it or not. Not afraid to try new things, either. I could go on and on.....

Love you!
Moni

p.s. There's this crazy new produce out there called "seedless" watermelon. Guess it hasn't hit Mississippi yet. ;)

Brandy said...

They are ssoooooo cute! I just can't decide what my fav. pic is, the spinach or watermelon. I love it~ Don't you love sippy cups! WE DO!
XOXO
brandy

Jenn K said...

Just beautiful. I can't believe how much Gunner and Avery are looking alike these days !

Auntie Sandras Boot camp - you could start a business woman! Sign me up!

Love you and your sweet babies and HN looks just stunning in that picture! You make some cute kiddos!

Misty said...

OMG! THey are just tooo cute! AND SO GOOD WITH THE FOOD! Mine still aren't half that good. I'm so impressed.
You are such a fabulous mommy! Miss you tons!